Freestyle Flying Disc – Qualifying Competition Rules:
1. All handlers as a group, without dogs, will be allotted warm up time to throw and toss flying discs on the field prior to qualifying.
2. Each competitor will be allotted two (2) minutes to perform a routine, plus two long distance bonus throws at the end of the routine.
3. Time starts with the first throw.
4. Judging is based on: Handler Skills (50 points max), Dog Skills (50 points max) and Bonus Throws (2 points max).
5. Competitors must use clean, non- expletive family friendly music for their routine. Failure to adhere to this will cause you to be immediately disqualified from the competition. Music must be handed in at registration for review on Friday.
6. Minimally, the top 2 performers make it in, and proceed directly to competitor sign up, lunch and meeting.
Registration times and locations may vary by event.
WAITLIST: In the event the registration is full please email bvandenheuvel@carsonevents with your name, email, phone number and event to be added to our waitlist.
Online Registration opens 6 weeks prior and is first come first serve. A waitlist will come available once an event is full. Huntington Beach: Western Regionals Opens at 12pm ET: June 5th (6 weeks prior to event)Registration + Waitlist Closes at 12pm ET: July 3rd (2 weeks prior to event)The field is limited to 20 dogs for Diving Dog. Sponsor reserves the right to expand the field at its discretion.
No more than 2 dogs per entrant/family are permitted, and only 1 dog per entrant/family may actually qualify for a respective competition. Please fill out necessary forms and waivers at registration. All owners must be prepared to provide current vaccination certificates as may be required.